The new Kia brand launch means big things are on the way!
Recently, Kia reviewed its brand, products and services and began a journey to rebrand itself. To discover their new direction, brand representatives spoke with employees and consumers. They asked these stakeholders about their experience with and perceptions of the brand. Based on this feedback, the company has developed a new look and feel for its brand, as well as a new mission - all designed to inspire movement and innovation.
For Canadian Kia fleet customers, this means several exciting and inspirational changes are coming.
Ready to see what Kia Fleet has in-store for the future? Here’s what you can expect from the new Kia brand.
As part of its rebranding journey, the company has introduced a new logo. The new Kia logo exhibits beautiful symmetry and bold, rising lines. This design inspires movement and innovation and shines a positive outlook on the future.
The new Kia logo was officially revealed in Korea on January 6, 2021.
In addition to changing its logo, the company has also changed its corporate name. Kia Motors Corporation is now known simply as - Kia. This significant change demonstrates the total transformation that the company has planned for its brand and objectives.
Beginning as a bicycle parts manufacturer in 1944, Kia has always focused on helping people move. Thus, amidst changes to Kia’s purpose, philosophy and mission, one thing remains constant - the company will continue to honour its commitment to movement and innovation.
At Kia, movement is the source of human innovation and progress. Therefore, by embodying this concept, the brand hopes to inspire consumers to learn, grow and discover.
In addition to providing individuals and businesses with efficient means of movement, the new brand will strive to improve the daily lives of customers. Kia’s customer-centric vision means that new designs, products, services, and technology are entirely focused on meeting the needs of consumers.
For Kia fleet customers, this provides access to reliable and innovative new vehicles that are tailored specifically to their needs.
Fleet customers can also expect a re-imagined purchase and ownership journey.
Kia’s goal is to create a seamless experience for all consumers who interact with the brand. As a result, Kia's fleet purchase and ownership journey offer simplicity and reliability.
In addition to new and innovative fleet vehicles, fleet customers can expect flawless fleet acquisition and a positive ownership experience. To ensure a seamless experience, the fleet purchase process is hassle-free. The company offers simple eligibility requirements and quick fleet delivery. These improvements are intended to inspire growth by keeping businesses on the move.
Most importantly, Kia’s fleet vehicles increase reliability and safety while reducing the cost of ownership.
Movement inspires innovation. By creating sustainable mobility options, Kia hopes to empower others to move, create and innovate.
To succeed in bringing its new vision to life, the company will focus on developing clean, environmentally-friendly vehicles. Moving forward, the company aims to take a leading position in the global EV market. To do so, it will introduce seven new and efficient electric vehicles by 2027.
These EVs will be innovative and exciting for consumers. Kia's electric vehicles will include crossovers, commuters, SUVs, and sedans. To further promote environmental sustainability, the brand will use green manufacturing practices, including clean energy and recyclable materials.
For Kia fleet customers, this new focus is exciting. These EVs will provide fleet consumers with many new options for effective, efficient and tech-forward fleet vehicles.
The company will also focus on developing new products that meet the needs of its diverse consumers around the globe. Kia’s new purpose-built vehicles will include options for both business and private use.
These innovative vehicles will include micro-autonomous pods, small individual urban transporters, mid-sized commuters, as well as large logistic vehicles.
The all-new Sorento (pictured above), for instance, includes advanced technology and a captivating new design. This Kia fleet vehicle offers a single option for various uses, allowing for flexible and multipurpose fleets.
Growth and innovation are necessary for a sustainable future. Kia aims to continuously grow and improve with this expanse of innovative options, while promoting movement for all.
Kia’s new initiatives will help fleet owners minimize the total cost of ownership while maximizing business growth. The company's innovative new vehicles, state-of-the-art technology, simplified purchasing process and worry-free ownership will offer Canadian Kia fleet customers incredible value, reliability and the inspiration to innovate.
The new and exciting Kia brand has already arrived in Canada! The official Canadian Kia brand launch occurred on June 1, 2021.
If your business is ready to take advantage of Kia’s new vision and value-added efficiencies, start by applying for a Kia Fleet Account Number (FAN) today!
• Two available trims (GT Limited and GT Elite), with pricing starting at $50,495
• Powered by a 3.3L twin-turbo V6 engine with 368HP paired with All Wheel Drive
• New, pronounced, 19-inch alloy wheels amplify the sporty and premium character
• Interior features include an upgraded new cluster housing, frameless rear-view mirror and bold 10.25” wide navigation screen
• All-new GT Elite trim with optional new suede package
• Fully equipped with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems including Advanced Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Junction Turning and Blind View Monitor and more
• Arriving in dealerships this spring
Kia Canada has evolved the game once again, with the introduction of the enhanced 2022 Kia Stinger. An all-new GT Elite trim and the much-loved GT Limited trim boast refreshed impressive design, advanced safety and remarkable performance. Since its debut, the Kia Stinger has been celebrated by enthusiasts and journalists alike as AJAC’s 2019 Canadian Car of the Year.
“We are continually challenging ourselves to evolve, innovate and outperform,” says Michael Kopke, Director of Marketing at Kia Canada. “The enhanced 2022 Stinger represents an important breakthrough in the brand’s polished, premium design evolution, and represents the tireless outcome of detail driven engineering.”
The redesigned Kia Stinger will be available in Canadian dealerships this spring, with a starting price of $50,495 for the GT Limited, and $52,995 for the GT Elite.
New and Improved – Inside and Out
The 2022 Stinger maintains its sexy, sleek, attention-demanding exterior – now with amplified character and bold, aggressive presence. New to the 2022 Stinger are the following exterior enhancements:
• New, pronounced, black 19-inch alloy wheels amplify the sporty and premium character, with a sleek multi-spoke design
• Rear combination lamps with an expanded luminous area give a wide, aggressive stance with connected LED taillights that command attention
• More aggressive diffuser and larger-diameter quad exhaust tips
• To turn heads in your personal style, the Kia Stinger is available in seven captivating colours, including all-new Ascot Green, Snow White Pearl, Ghost Grey, Thunder Grey, Aurora Black, Atomic Blue and California Red
On the interior, our design upgrades haven’t missed a single stitch. New to the 2022 Stinger include:
• Upgraded cluster housing, with high-gloss black and chrome ring finishes
• Frameless, elegant rear-view mirror
• Bold 10.25” navigation screen wrapped in a high-gloss black-fascia panel
• Dimpled, aluminum console hairline and the newly-applied mood lamp line on the passenger side
• New available suede package (GT Elite trim) that offers suede seat inserts, headliner material, pillar material, dash, door panels and sun visors
• Available red stitching and seat belts (GT Elite trim, suede package)
The Power to Perform
The enhanced 2022 Kia Stinger is here to be noticed – that’s why, we’ve added a little more umph to this well-decorated performance vehicle to include:
• 368HP 3.3L twin-turbo V6 engine
• Second-Generation, standard All Wheel Drive tuned to offer more dynamic performance
• Brembo Brakes, Shift-by-Wire, and Electronic Suspension Control
• Electronic Variable Exhaust Valves produce a rich and hearty sport exhaust sound
• Available Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential to deliver improved drive power and outstanding handling
The 2022 Stinger comes fully equipped with Kia’s critically acclaimed, cutting-edge Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, including:
• Advanced Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Junction Turning
• Safe Exit Warning
• Navigation-Based Advanced Smart Cruise Control
• Lane Following Assist
• Blind Spot Collision Avoidance
• Blind-Spot View Monitor (GT Elite trim)
Thoughtful Tech and Convenience
The 2022 Kia Stinger includes the impressive, intuitive tech features Kia’s known and celebrated for. Technology enhancements in the 2022 model include:
• Split-screen capability and multi-device connectivity featured within the fifth-generation 10.25” wide navigation screen
• Remote UVO Intelligence™ app that includes remote seat heating and ventilation
• Smart key remote engine start
For more information, please visit: www.kia.ca/stinger2022
About Kia Canada
Kia Canada Inc. (KCI), founded in 1999 and is a subsidiary of the Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) based in Seoul, South Korea. The full line of award-winning Kia vehicles offers world-class quality and customer satisfaction through a network of 195 dealers across the country. The company employs 170 people at its headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, as well as in locations across Canada and at its regional office in Montréal, Québec. Kia’s slogan "The Power to Surprise," symbolizes the company’s worldwide commitment to exceed customer expectations through sustained automotive innovation.
Whether it is a compact, crossover, or electric model which is among the best in the industry, each Kia vehicle offers a superior combination of precision engineering, exceptional performance, innovative features and advanced safety systems. Kia has sold a million vehicles, including popular models in Canada like the Soul, Forte, Sportage, Sorento, Stinger and has recently added the all-new Seltos small crossover and K5 sedan to its lineup.
On June 30th, 2020 Kia Motors America (KMA) announced the arrival of the Kia K5; an all-new mid-sized sedan, a result of Kia’s unstoppable passion to craft an exceptional driver experience that delivers The Power To Surprise at every turn. Innovation arrives in Canada this fall, when K5 will make its national debut in LX, EX and GT-Line trims. Canadian specs and pricing details will follow, in fall 2020.
A non-traditional, sport-inspired mid-sized sedan, K5 is the catalyst for the transformation of Kia’s next generation line-up, which will be characterized by powerful, angular design, constant renewal, re-imagination and boldness. True to brand roots, Kia introduces a new-age naming convention with the “K5” title, paying homage to original nameplate titles in the brand’s homeland of South Korea.
“K5 is the breath of fresh air that the mid-size sedan segment never knew it needed” says Kia Canada Chief Operating Officer Elias El-Achhab. “We’re anxious to share this innovation with Canadians – K5 delivers the top-of-the-line design finishes drivers love, with the added bonus of turbo performance, a roomy interior and the latest in safety technologies.”
A Daring, New Design – Inside and Out
Kia’s sleek “tiger face” is front and centre on K5, with a wide, thin front grille (with a shark skin inspired mesh design), extending to the headlight structure and underscored by “Heartbeat” LED daytime running lights. K5 boasts a low-slung and fastback silhouette, which is highlighted by a chrome garnish that spans the roofline and wraps around the rear glass. Its three-dimensional front bumper gives the illusion that K5 floats effortlessly, and a long, muscular hood emphasizes short front overhangs.
K5 has a thoughtfully-designed interior to match, with a wide, horizontal cabin characterized by clean lines and visually pleasing yet functional details. A newly-styled infotainment display stretches to the instrument panel, creating a futuristic, three-dimensional layout and driver-centric space. Drivers can customize their sporty interior with a selection of black leather seating, chrome metallic and wood-like finishes, a flat-bottom sport steering wheel and available panoramic sunroof.
At the Root of it All
K5 is underscored – quite literally – by the advanced third-generation “N3” platform. The platform, designed for collision safety, weight reduction and driving performance, will serve as the foundation for future Kia models. This N3 platform provides roomier interior dimensions, suspension geometry optimized for sport handling and improved sound deadening materials. On the K5, it allows the vehicle to sit longer, wider, and lower compared to its predecessor, giving it a low-slung profile.
K5’s exterior dimensions are:
• Length: 4,905mm (193.1 inches)
• Width: 1,860mm (73.2 inches)
• Height: 1,445mm (56.9 inches)
• Wheelbase: 2,850mm (112.2 inches)
Turbo, Traction and Top-Notch Tech
The K5 turbocharged lineup (LX, EX and GT-line) are available in a 1.6-litre turbocharged GDI four-cylinder engine producing 180 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque, managed by an all-new eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Engine adopts Continuously Variable Valve Duration (CVVD). An industry first, this piece of technology results in a performance boost and improvement in efficiency thanks to independent control of the valve duration.
Kia engineers further pushed the envelope with an available eight-speed “wet” dual-clutch transmission for fast and precise gear shifts which helps the K5 stand out as a true sports sedan. The 2.5-litre turbocharged GDI + MPI four-cylinder engine making 290 horsepower and 311 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with the new 8-speed “wet” Dual Clutch Transmission will be available in Canada at a later date.
K5’s cutting-edge cabin doesn’t just talk the talk – smart and forward-thinking technology has been integrated to make the driver experience less stressful. New wireless features minimize cord clutter and keep a clean space, while keeping the driver’s eyes on the road. More details include:
• 8- or 10.25-inch high-resolution colour touchscreen
• Split-screen functionality and available satellite radio
• Available 10.25-inch inch touchscreen adds server-based available navigation system with real-time traffic data, more intuitive graphic user interface, new multi-connection Bluetooth wireless connectivity and UVO telematics with connected user profiles
• A first for Kia, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto cuts the cord on charging cables, meaning drivers can enjoy being connected and charging up without being plugged in (8-inch screen only)
• Premium Audio system available, with 12 high-performance Bose speakers
Kia’s suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS)vi now has more to offer, with some of the key features including:
• Standard Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Designed to detect a vehicle in front and in certain conditions, and issue an alert to warn the driver if it senses a potential frontal collision
• Standard Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA): Builds on FCW by assisting the driver in braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions if a vehicle or object is detected in front
• Standard Driver Attention Warning (DAW)vii: Senses inattentive driving patterns and sends an audible/visual warning to alert the driver
• Standard Lane Following Assist (LFA): Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane
• Available Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) – Junction Turning (FCA-JT): Assists the driver in braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions when turning left and an oncoming vehicle is approaching